Every successful businessman out there has testified that they’ve picked up a business-related book at least once or twice in their life. And that’s all not without reason. Books are known to be of help to everyone, businessman or not. But how would you, a businessman who probably still has a lot to learn, get the tips and tricks needed to run a good business when you don’t have any time to read?
Well, don’t worry because we got you! We’ve come up with the list of the Top 10 Best Business Audiobooks that you could and should listen to right this instant! And don’t worry, you don’t have to listen to all of them. Though I’m telling you, it’s going to be hard not to. They’re all pretty insightful!
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Just like how it’s written on the front cover, this audiobook gives you an insight of “What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money—That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!” It’s been the New York Times bestselling book of all time for years. Even Will Smith made his kids read this! Now you can get the same knowledge and you don’t even have to go to the nearest bookstore.
- Business Adventures – This one is a classic, but don’t think it’s outdated. Sure, some points might be late for a minute or two, it’s apparently Business Magnate Bill Gates’s favorite business book. It’s a compilation of 12 in-depth essays that checks on the history of business. If that’s more up your alley, go grab your headphones (or stereo) and give this one a good listen.
- The Start-up of You – We all have to start somewhere. And if you believe that we’re all a work in progress, then this is the audiobook for you. This book by LinkedIn’s co-founder, Reid Hoffman, and Ben Casnoca tackles the kind of perspective you need to have to survive the overwhelming world of business and more.
- The Power of Little Ideas – Here, David Robertson suggests a specific innovative move which he calls “The Third Way.” If you are more interested in knowing how some of the biggest international companies like LEGO and Disney made their name in the business industry and kept it that way, I suggest you give this one a listen.
- #Girlboss – This audiobook from Sofia Amoruso, founder of the women’s fashion line and retailer, Nasty Girl, would give you a more personal take on what it takes to succeed in business. So, if you’re looking for something that’s both inspirational and educational, but is also fun and sassy, you should start listening to this one as soon as possible.
- Rework – Judging from the title, you can already guess that this one talks about changing the way you work for the better. We all know that the world of business is ever-changing, and it’s changing fast, so if you want to learn, adapt, and survive, this should be the perfect audiobook for you.
- Losing My Virginity – Now, hold your horses. You’ve read that right, but it’s not what you think it is. I can explain. This memoir esque audiobook is from Richard Branson The founder of the conglomerate brand called “Virgin.” Branson made this book for people who want to learn how to get through the ups and downs in business. This relatable book shows that big businesses aren’t as untouchable as they seem and that it’s okay to fail, as long as you improve and learn from them. Grab this one for something entertaining and intuitive.
- Leaders Eat Last – I’m one of the firm believers that camaraderie and trust within the company are just as important as business plans and strategies for a business to succeed. And if you don’t believe in that yourself, this audiobook that’s a sequel to another bestseller, Start with Why, by Simon Sinek can explain to you why you should.
- How to Win at the Sport of Business – Everyone loves a good rags-to-riches story, and I’m sure you’ll be smitten with this one. Here, Mark Cuban shares his secret to building a billion-dollar company. From his lifestyle, business ideas, and strategic moves to power through competitors. If you’re scared of snoozing while listening to an audiobook, this action-packed piece should keep you at the edge of your seat.
- Think and Grow Rich – This one is another classic. And it’s not just another self-help material. Every minute from this timeless audiobook gives you realistic life lessons, philosophical ideas, and motivational thrusts that could help you succeed in business and in life.
I know that active listening is a bit challenging for some people. But these masterpieces have insanely captivating lines that would surely keep you interested longer than you think you could. So, go ahead. Take your pick from that list and listen away!